School & District News
Read the May Westar Elementary newsletter, including a reflection on the 2020-2021 school year, photos from April and more!
Reflecting on the 2020-2021 School Year
As the year is winding down, we are beginning to reflect on the 2020-2021 School Year. It's been said many times before, but this was a year like no other. We asked our students some questions, to see how they would remember the year:
What is one word you would use to describe the year?
- Crazy -Dmytro, 4th grade
- Exciting -Arrianna, Kinder
- Unexpected -Ariana, 5th grade
- Cool! -C J, 1st grade
- Slow -Madeline, 8th grade
- Change -Hayven, 2nd grade
- Complicated -Addison, 7th grade
- Unique -Rinoa, 6th grade
- Frustrating -Mikayla, 3rd grade
- Hectic -Teachers
What is the biggest challenge that you overcame?
- My friend moving away. - 5th grader
- I overcame my lack of focus. - 7th grader
- Sitting in front of the computer. - Kinder
- Fighting with my brother. - 1st grader
- Moving schools in the middle of the pandemic. - 8th grader
- Learning dvision. - 3rd grader
- Changing my sleep schedule constantly. - 6th grader
- Believing in myself. - 2nd grader
- Learning how to do school over the computer -4th grader
What is the most unusual place that you did distance learning?
- The BMX track
- In the car (most popular response!)
- In a canyon in San Diego
- In the bathroom (cameras were off!)
- At the airport
- On a boat
- On my trampoline